Position can be located in any of our main offices: Chicago, Houston, Durham, Charlotte, Greenville.
The Pre-Construction Manager has responsibility for delivering LS, GMP, or reimbursable proposals to meet BE&K company expectations of best-in-class proposals. This includes competitive pricing that meets or exceeds client’s budget and schedule expectations in GMP or negotiated scenarios (best value provider/ good stewardship in won positions).
- Establish a project pre-construction plan in coordination with the Project Executive including all estimating, downstream pricing, buy out strategies, deliverables scope and dates, sample deliverables, staffing requirements and other activities to insure a smooth process leading to a no-surprises GMP. With the anticipation of client scope modifications occasionally these must be organized and presented in a cogent and salable manner.
- Drive the successful execution of the pre-construction plan internally and externally.
- Effectively manage internal and external resources to deliver anticipated results.
- Effectively manage with the Project Executive client relationships.
- Continuously analyze and recommend various technology and systems enhancements for adoption.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with local and national subcontractors
- Proposal Phase
- Review pricing and other pertinent information to be included in each proposal.
- Conduct the final review of the proposal with the top team.
- Participate in sales presentations as required.
- Perform post mortem on proposals not resulting in award.
8. Design/Pre-Construction Phase
- Assist with pre-project planning
- Assist with buy-out of selected suppliers scopes of work
- Drive all external AE and consultant activities to ensure from the outset there is a clear understanding of project objectives in terms of project scope, cost and schedule and continuously monitor the team to advance within those established parameters
- Supervise and assist in preparation of conceptual and downstream detailed schedules.
- For design build proposals, assist in the selection of A/E firms and prepare written scopes for trades
- Review all documentation to ensure adequacy for estimating and pricing re scope and schedule.
- Direct value engineering process.
- Prepare the list of bidders and distribute to all participants for review and comments.
- Direct the meeting with the Project Executive between project manager/superintendent to get buy-in of scope, approach, cost and schedule.
- Direct the scope and pricing strategy for all work proposed and ensure the completeness and accuracy of all proposals.
- Ensure that the intent/scope of the original estimate is maintained during buyout.
- Review deliverables for subordinates error, compliance with contracts, opportunities to enhance profitability, and risk mitigation
- Manage GMAX final prep and bid day procedures, set and operate bid day.
9. Construction Phase
- Assist with large scope change estimates
- Ensure design scope matches matched estimated and contracted/subcontracted scope.
- Prepare post-bid analysis.
10. Establish and maintain good relationships with all business contacts (including architects, engineers, subcontractors and owners)
11. Establish and maintain best in class estimating, scheduling, cost control and process coordination systems as well as multiple databases.
12. Evaluate supplier support and performance; increase supplier support and competitive edge.
13. Work closely with the PC, risk management, insurance, legal and accounting throughout the entire process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
4 year degree in an accredited construction/estimating related curriculum or experience equivalent to a 4 year degree.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Advocate and proficient user of a variety of technologies...including....list Assemble Synchro BIM 360 Glue, BIM 360 Field, Revit and Navisworks, etc.
Competent with personal computer based scheduling software, and any other computer software or program skills as required for the position. Experience Viewpoint Construction Software strongly preferred.
Proven competence and proficiency of position’s essential job functions, duties and responsibilities.
Technical skills: Planning and scheduling, Cost Control, Productivity efficiency
Leadership skills: Communication, Time Management, Team Building, Managing Workforce Diversity