Responsible for project Quality Control/Quality Assurance.
PRINCIPLE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Implement site QC/QA Program and oversee and manage
2. Support project teams with their efforts to improve the quality of the finished product.
3. Review job specifications and establish plans for inspection to ensure verification of quality control requirements (Project Quality Plan).
4. Perform inspections, examinations and witnessing of systems, sub-systems and components and documenting results.
5. Communicate with contractors to help insure they understand and comply with construction documents.
6. Monitor all construction activities to determine that the work being performed is in accordance with the contract documents and documenting findings.
7. Report QC/QA monthly activity status to management.
1. Participate in preconstruction meetings.
2. Review contractor quality control plans and records.
3. Assist in the resolution of quality control issues.
4. Participate with quality program training.
5. Assist with craft training.
6. Pursue training opportunities in order to maintain proficiency with inspections and codes. Ability to read and interpret the requirements of construction drawings, specifications and shop drawings. Knowledge of civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, plumbing and electrical construction practices. Good communication and computer skills. Ability to work independently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
2. At least 6 years of related experience in the construction or design field, with at least 2 years with QC QA experience with concrete, steel, masonry, roofing, skin and building envelope systems, MEP, and commissioning.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Specific training in at least six of the following areas; soils, concrete, structural, welding, structural, masonry, plumbing, piping, HVAC, high purity piping, electrical, instrumentation.
- Effective communications
- Effective presentations
- Conducting effective meetings
Competent with personal computer including WORD, EXCEL, and spreadsheet applications.