Mid-level professional capable of fulfilling the project accounting and cost reporting requirements of multiple mid-sized construction projects or single large construction project, including day-to day interface with project management, client and contractor personnel.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
1. Primary responsibility is the issuing of Payment Applications to clients in accordance with construction contract and inclusive of all billable costs.
2. Report to the Project Manager or BUL on the cost control of the General Conditions as well as overall project costs as they relate to budgeted amounts and their impact on project profitability.
3. Assist Corporate in application of client funds received.
4. Assist in prioritizing subcontractor payments and identifying urgent payables.
5. Ensure that subcontractors comply with pay application due dates established by the schedule or contract documents. Also ensure that trades and subs are in compliance with payment application format and required submission of support documentation.
6. Assist project team in maintaining complete project files, including trades, subs and vendors for the entire duration of the project.
7. Administration and control of General Conditions costs (payrolls, home office and site office costs, etc.) through review and data entry of purchase orders, check requests, etc., and examining costs to establish agreement with the contract, policy, coding requirements etc.
8. Ensure that every trade or subcontractor is in compliance with the terms and conditions of his/her contract documents.
9. Interface with corporate accounting staff in dealing with billing issues, costs to be accrued and profit recognition.
10. Assist the Project Manager with the monthly preparation and submission of the project forecast and Project Status Report
11. Assist with ad hoc requests for miscellaneous project data.
General Background and Minimum Requirements
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or equivalent.
2. 2-4 years accounting experience in construction industry.
3. Proficient communication, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
4. Proficiency in current corporate software packages, as well as standard office equipment.
5. Should possess self-management skills and ability to work with limited supervision, basic computer skills and competency.
6. Should have prior experience in construction project accounting, percentage of completion revenue recognition, billings in excess and costs in excess. Experience in a general contractor environment is especially desired.
7. Should be deadline oriented.
- Standard Office Environment
- Travel Required
- Lifting Required
- Continuous Standing
- Exposure to Chemicals
- Exposure to Loud Noises